Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Teaser Tuesday


Shouldbereading hosts a Teaser Tuesday, where you open your book to a random page and pick two sentences between lines 7 and 12 to share.
My sentences are from The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot. I like this book so far; although, I don't like it as much as my very favorite book by her, Middlemarch.
I opened to page 353.
Sentences #1 and 2: It was well that there was this interest of narrative to keep under the vague but fierce sense of triumph over Wakem, which would otherwise have been the channel his joy would have rushed into with dangerous force. Even as it was, that feeling from time to time gave threats of its ultimate mastery, in sudden bursts of irrelevant exclamation.
Ok, not the best Teaser, but it was lines 7-12! It definitely gives you a feel for Eliot's writing style though! Not for an easy beach read.

No comments: