Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Genre Challenge

Bookworms and tea lovers is hosting a Genre Challenge.


Since I have a year to do this one I think I can handle it. It's a great idea. Again, I need to expand my horizons!



I am taking Option A and eliminating Historical Fiction (my most commonly read genre) and Western Fiction (I don't like cowboys.)



Here is my list so far. Let me know if any of these are the wrong genre:



1. Fantasy Fiction: His by Philp Pullman (also reading for New Classics Challenge)

2. Romantic Fiction: Bridget Jones' Diary (also reading for New Classics Challenge)

3. Science Fiction: The Road by Cormac McCarthy (also reading for New Classics Challenge)

4. Thriller Fiction: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (also reading for New Classics Challenge)

5. Mystery Fiction: The 13th Tale by Diana Setterfield

6. Detective Fiction: The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective by Kate Summerscale

I haven't decided the other eight yet! Any recommendations would be appreciated. :)


The challenge runs from November 1st 2008 - November 1st 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For mystery fiction I'd recommend The 13th Tale by Diana Setterfield or She Walks These Hills by Sharyn McCrumb.

Colleen said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'm going to go with The 13th Tale, I've heard good things. Thanks!