Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Book Crossing

The website Book Crossing. com is a fabulous place. I have been a member for a year and half, although not a very active one. So much is going on there. People leave books for others to find, people read books and send them on to a new person (it's called a bookring or bookray), and sometimes people just send books to others that they notice are on that person's wishlist. What a great community!

I just received today a book that a BookCrossing member sent me because she saw it on my wishlist. This is called a RABCK "Random Act of Book Crossing Kindness." What a kind thing to do! There are so many generous people in the world. The book I received was The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. I can't make any promises on when I will read or finish it, but when I do I will send it on to somebody else.

Share the love of books and join BookCrossing!

No comments: