Saturday, August 30, 2008

RIP III


I had no idea there was such an amazing community of book readers on the web! I'm so behind the times. I stumbled across this fun and creative challenge called RIPIII on a blog called Stainless Steel Droppings. I was intrigued right away, and I want to join in the fun.


Because I am a crazy busy high school English teacher, I am going to limit myself to two books and see how I do. So I'm accepting the challenge Peril the Second. If I read more, so be it!


The books I'm choosing to read are:


The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins


and


Twlight by Stephanie Meyers.


All my students have read Twlight, so I figure I have to get in on the action! And I just like Wilkie Collins. My husband and I are reading The Moonstone together.


I'm excited! What fun. I need to make sure I take time to read books for myself!

4 comments:

Vasilly said...

Hey, Colleen! I'm glad you've started to discover the great reading blogs that are on the 'net. I've read Twilight and loved it. I hope you enjoy it and I can't wait to read your review on The Moonstone.

Colleen said...

Thanks for your comment. I am excited to read Twilight. The Moonstone is very interesting; I will make sure to review it.

Anonymous said...

I think it's about time I got in on the Stephanie Meyer thing too...I keep seeing positive comments about her work, and she appears on quite a few RIP lists...

Happy reading!

Colleen said...

Thanks for the comment, Quixotic. I know; it's amazing how into her Meyer's series people are. I'll admit it's not the first thing I would choose, but when so many people recommend someting, I get curious!